Related products can be set up on the product level in PIM. Once related products are configured then they can be displayed on the Product Detail page of the product to which they are related. Related products can be set up using a manual or automated configuration. Automated configuration is selected by default when related products toggle is turned on.
It allows the user to set related products using generic configurable rules very straightforward and easy to set up. Below are the fields required to set up the automated configuration for related products.
- Rule type: User can decide to relate the products of the same brand, sub-brand, category, and subcategory.
- Maximum number of products: This is the number of products systems that will relate to the product. A higher number of products can be displayed in grid or carousel view on the PDPs.
- Sort By: The user can also select a default sorting order for the related products.
In the manual configuration, the related products are set up manually by the business user. Users can click on the “add related item” button to start relating the products.
As soon as the user clicks on the “add related item” button gets a pop-up where the user needs to provide all the other information. Screenshot below.
- Relation type: This field defines what type of relation related products have with the main product. For example, they can be add-ons, Similar products, etc. Users can select the relation type from the drop-down.
- Label: This field can be used to identify the set relation with a Label. This label can also be used to display any text on the product detail page on the PDP irrespective of the type of relation set in PIM.
- Categories: In the manual configuration, the user gets to choose the products from all the available categories. A category tree is displayed which users can expand to search the products from the relevant category. Category products will be displayed on the right side of the screen and the user can simply click on the add button to relate that product with the main product.
- The user then clicks on save.
Once the products are saved then user can set a manual display order to view the related products.