In continuation of setting up category details, this article focuses on configuring the category landing page.
- A carousel of images
- List of featured sub categories
- A Facetted Navigation
- A list of Products within the Category
Every Category Landing Page has the following capabilities:
- Carousel – A set of rotating images within a banner space with a link assigned per image, which can be used to direct users to a specific targeted page. Customers can scroll through the carousel cards by swiping their device screen or clicking. The platform provides capability to link the carousel with any of the predefined image lists in the “dynamic lists” section. The images from the list are then rendered in the site in the order in which they are defined.
- Sub Categories – The list of featured Sub Categories to be merchandised are defined, by ‘stating’ the ones required from the list on the Category > Sub Categories page.
- Faceted Navigation – This capability provides significant power, by enabling the user to customize the faceted navigation and links for each landing page.
The navigation can be customized for each Landing Page. In the first example below, the Group Type selected was SubCategoryList, which will pull the Sub Categories from one level down in the hierarchy onto the navigation. This is done by simply checking the box next to each of the Sub Categories required.
In addition, Brands as well as Facets can be selected to appear in the left hand faceted navigation, to help customers refine the list of products they are seeing in the category landing page, example of how this is configured is shown below.