Welcome to the AUG 2022 release of Better Commerce. There are several updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
1. Budgeted Promo: The configuration section in the promotion detail screen has been extended to take two new inputs called 'Max No of Redemption Allowed' & 'Max Redemption Value Allowed' which allws to set a budget for the offer you wish to run.
2. Next Purchase Promotion: A wrapper(an extended interface to manage the configuration) has been created that works on top of an already created promo. This feature creates voucher whenever a new order is placed and shares that with the customer to be used on their next purchase.
3. Order tagging Service: This new feature in the platform allows you to tag orders based on configurable rules with the color selected by the user.
4. PO Consolidation Enhancement: PO consolidation now can be done at supplier and fulfillment channel level in both the formats, i.e., PDF and Excel.
1. Orderlines attribute xml management for subscription orders: The attribute XML has been changed to save the data in the JSON format resulting in faster transaction processing of orders.
2. 'Review' configuration screen: The 'review field' configurations is now available inside the ‘Settings’ screen.’ This was earlier in the review listing screen.
3. GFS: Skip tax calculation: A new flag has been added in the Basket & Order API - `SkipTaxCalculation` - by default the value will always be 0 and it would calculate the tax as per the configuration. If the value passed for the flag `SkipTaxCalculation` is TRUE, the basket/order service should completely skip the tax calculation using TaxService and use the tax value.
4. Budgeted Promo: The configuration section in the promotion detail screen has been extended to take two new inputs called 'Max No of Redemption Allowed' & 'Max Redemption Value Allowed.' Some of the use cases are:
- Budget Check – It is helpful in keeping a budget check. The promo code cannot be applied after a certain limit has been expired.
- Promo code count - It also keeps a check on the number of times the promo could be used.
5. Next Purchase Promotion: A wrapper has been created that works on top of an already created promo. This feature creates voucher whenever a new order is placed and shares that with the customer to be used on their next purchase.
6. GST Calculation in eCommerce Sales Orders: This addition in the platform allows you to create Tax Classes like Household edibles items, Baby milk food etc. The tax % age can be taken at flat rate or at range level.
7. Order tagging Service-Commerce Hub: This new feature in the platform allows you to tag orders based on configurable rules. The UI helps you to define the rule set based on the order properties - could be post code, specific date, specific item, specific customer etc. The tags allow you to associate a specific color for a better visual. For examples-tag all the orders where Discount between the sum of display price of all the SKUs in the order and Sale price should not be more than 20% as Potential coupon misuse.
8. Extend Reviews Feature to take images as input: The 'Create review' API has been extended to allow the users from the website to submit the reviews along with images. The images get saved in the blob. The moderator at the back end can see the image and approve.
1. Product Upload Process Improvement: The product import sample file has been extended to take two new inputs 'DeliveryCenterCode' and 'Bin.' This will help upload the products and assign them a delivery center and specific bins.
2. Configurable carrier services: This allows the users to go to the 'carrier detail' screen now and configure the services that they are going to use for their business. Previously this configuration option was not available.
3. Order fulfillment journey for mixed order: The fulfillment journey of a mixed order can be at times tricky to handle technically. This release comes with an organized and simple way to manage the fulfillment of a mixed order. In one of the scenarios, user can hold all the items in the order until last item is in stock; while in another, user can split order and allow individual items from the order to be dispatched.
4. Enhance Inventory List view v2: The inventory list screen has been enhanced to show more information like bins, manufacturer, Account Manager and save the selected columns as a view.
5. PO Consolidation Enhancement: The format of the PO is a very important document for the supplier. Hence, the different suppliers can ask in the different formats, e.g., a PDF or an Excel sheet. The same supplier can ask for both the formats for 2 different types of products like drop ship and back order. This feature has been added by the name PO consolidation rule wherein users can configure these rules and export the PO as and when requested by the supplier.
6. PO Listing screen enhancement: New PO Listing Screen shows extra information like Manufacturer, Notes Account managers & PO order value now.
7. Stock take UX change via stocker app in the Zebra device: At the time of StockTake, now user can also scan a product. As when you scan a bin, it can have a long list of products that make scrolling a finding a product very difficult.
8. Order Tagging: This new feature in the platform allows you to tag orders based on configurable rules. The UI helps you to define the rule set based on the order properties - could be post code, specific date, specific item, specific customer. The tags allow you to associate a specific for better visual. For examples-tag all the orders where Discount between the sum of display price of all the SKUs in the order and Sale price should not be more than 20% as Potential coupon misuse.
Notable Bug fixes
1. Page break while adding a company: The Js issue while adding a new company from the back end has been fixed.
2. Incorrect email trigger on 'send quote': On send quote CTA, an incorrect email was getting triggered. The root cause has been identified & fixed.
3. Incorrect free shipping promo applied: The basket wasn’t getting revalidated because of ‘Klaviyo’ Js code. As a result, promo was getting applicable on non-qualifying baskets. The issue was immediately identified and fixed.
4. Save and Send Button in the quote detail screen: The 'Save' and 'Send' button on quote screen didn’t shoot the email. This issue has been addressed in this release.
5. Engraving option not getting displayed on the master product: Enabled engraving on the master product doesn't display the options however, it shows up on the child/variants linked to this product. The root cause of the issue has been fixed.
6. Stock codes taking space: It was noticed that some stock codes had space prefixed to it causing multiple issues in identification of the products and bulk updates. The root cause that made the space get added has been identified and fixed in this release.
7. Image deletion issue: There was an issue reported where user was unable to delete the right image from a list of images of a product: Deleting the 2nd image deletes the 1st image. The root cause has been fixed in this release.
8. UI Issues in Email Templates: When refund is done for a particular return, an email is triggered to the customer with the refund and the order line details. The email sent had the currency symbol and attributes values like color & size missing. The issue with the email template was identified and fixed in this release.