Welcome to the September 2022 release of Better Commerce. There are several updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- JusPay Integration: BetterCommerce is integrated with JusPay which is a leading Fin-tech company in India. JusPay unifies payment gateways to give a seamless, secure, reliable, end-to-end, enterprise-grade payment stack for your business.
- Image Tagging: Image tagging is the process of identifying and labelling the contents of an image. Different image tags can be used for different purposes like primary product image, or for a banner, or for the size guide and so on. This segregation of images based on business defined tags allows the businesses to use the images for different purposes in the front end layer based on the tags defined.
- Display Channel Info: If a product is mapped to multiple sales channels like eBay, Amazon or any other marketplace, the product detail page would show a separate section with the mapping information.
Country Based Promotion Rule: With 'Country based Promotion Rule,' we can now set promotions at a particular country level, which means only visitors from the country will be able to avail the benefit of the offer and the offers can be restricted geographically enabling business to build more localized promotions as per the country markets.
- Alert On RMA Status Update: While updating the status of the RMA (Return merchandise authorization), an extra layer of validation has been added that alerts the user about the action they are taking is irreversible.
1. Picking Process Using Zebra Device In Stocker: Stocker App now supports Zebra mobile handheld device which has optimized the picking process both in terms of speed and experience. Especially in the case of a picklist with multiple orders, picking via zebra handheld device makes the process accurate and convenient. The picker can easily scan a product barcode with Zebra device if the correct product and bin data is created in the database and correct barcodes are printed and pasted on the products and bins (shelves, rows, and levels.)
2. Batch Inventory: Users can now configure different batch groups for categories and products at the time of receiving goods or at the time of purchase orders - batch numbers, expiry or manufacturing dates or any other additional info for inventory wise tracking, order fulfilment using the concept of FIFO, LIFO, FEFO etc., managing returns and other reporting functions. Some of the business use cases of Batch inventory are:
- Batch-wise cost variation can be handled by enabling MRP configuration, i.e., 'Is enabled.'
- Inventory Management techniques FIFO (first in first out), LIFO (last in first out), FEFO (first expiry first out) can be practiced by enabling the Expiry dates or Manufacturing dates configuration by checking 'Is enabled' configuration.
- During PO inbound or GRN inbound, the manufacturing dates or expiry dates can be made mandatory by 'is Required' check while saving the configuration.
- The MRP cost variation can also be checked during inbound by making MRP configuration as 'Is Required.'
Users can also keep a check on the product return date by using custom fields and enabling it for inventory analysis.
Other Product inventory data can also be analysed by utilizing custom fields.
3. Configure The Printing Options: Users can now configure their printing options on the packing screen in the OMS separately. Earlier, it used to print the return sheet, invoice, and return labels together by default. This configuration brings about a significant benefit for the businesses who want to use just a selected number of documents either because of their use case or to save the paper.
4. Provision To Close/Archive Incomplete Stock Request: All the entries in Stock Take requests that have been “Started” but not “Submitted for review” can now be archived from the backend to declutter the list view.
5. Additional fields added in Product Detail:
- Cost Price
- List Price
- Sell Price
- Tariff Code
- HSN Code
6. Below fields are made editable in Product Detail.
- Cost Price
- List Price
- Sell Price
7. Addition of ‘Barcode’ field in the ‘Inventory V2 List’ page & Addition of ‘Barcode’ in the ‘Export’ excel sheet.
Reporting database is moved from SQL to MongoDB. MongoDB is a NoSQL (Not only SQL) database that stores large volumes of data in the form of documents. This has been designed to provide support for dedicated customer specific data warehouses so that the customers can simply wire up their preferred BI Visualisation Tool, ie. PowerBI, Tableau, etc to the data warehouse and build their custom reports & dashboards as needed.
Bettercommerce Headless CMS provides content creation, content maintenance, multiple page structures, and content and media library to reuse and manage different content workflows for different page types. The dynamic & flexible components make the content creation easier & faster and ready to be served on any digital platform. It allows developers to use their programming language, preferred frameworks, and tools. It is API driven so you can build your presentation layer/frontend E2E. The key features include:
- Maintain different types of content & styling of the data
- Ability to create re-usable components (content structures)
- Create and maintain ‘Content Library,’ which can then be re-used
- Flexibility to create multiple page structure and page content
- Ability to create and manage different workflows for different page types
- Images and content files can be easily managed using ‘Media library’
- Custom Workflows with releases and schedule pipelines
- Flexible components across multiple sites
- Omnichannel publishing
- Manage SEO tags & titles
- Secure central authorization
- The Return report now shows you the accurate landed cost of the products.
- The display issue of a few cents in the payment gateway and the commerce hub has been fixed. Now both the platforms display the same figures.