Welcome to the December 2022 release of BetterCommerce. There are several updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
Service Charge for Payment Method: COD (Cash on Delivery) is a very popular payment method in certain geographies, however it carries its own set of risks. The business can now configure additional services charge on any payment method, if needed.
Fraud Rule Engine Enhancements: In-built fraud rule engine has been further extended with more set of conditions that will eventually give more options for merchants to create rules to identify fraudulent activity.
Order Status Mapping: The businesses can now customize the order status journey labels as per their business suitability. This improves the customer experience from the perspective of giving higher visibility into order tracking and also reducing customer service requests around order tracking.
Consent for WhatsApp: The platform now provides integration with Whatsapp and also allows users to provide their consent for transactional, marketing messages.
Order Status Mapping: The businesses can now customize the order status journey labels as per their business suitability. This improves the customer experience from the perspective of giving higher visibility into order tracking and also reducing customer service requests around order tracking. Additionally, the minor tracking updates provided by 3rd party couriers (wherever applicable) are also now pushed into the system through the API providing better order tracking through the whole order fulfillment process. Order status Mapping is now enhanced to give better view to the customer for their order status at each step in their accounts. Since order goes through multiple systems and processes like customer service, warehouse system, and courier partners. Every system will update the status of the order whenever there is a change applies and it is critical to show the correct status of the order to the end users for them to be able to track it easily and see what exactly is happening with their order. Hence, the order status mapping has been done among all backend systems and the customer facing website. This way multiple status has been grouped together to display more sensible information to the customers in my accounts section. Example see below:
Additional Payment Details for Orders: We now capture additional payment details – card type, bank name, UPI (applicable for India). All this information is obfuscated from the security perspective and does not requires any additional compliance certification as we DO NOT save the actual card details but just the token provided by the payment gateway.
- Returns, Replacements & Refunds
Reverse Pickup: When accepting an RMA to create a reverse pickup, a new flag is introduced. This flag can be checked when approving an RMA if a reverse pickup needs to be created for an RMA. The integrated WMS which supports the reverse pickup capability pull this information through the API and the and the warehouse team then executes the return pickup process.
Consent Management for WhatsApp: The platform now provides integration with Whatsapp as its one of the most popular messaging service used worldwide. Now, besides sending transaction messages to customers on whatsapp, the business can also utilize the new channel for marketing purpose and improve customer engagements. Therefore, now in the GDPR section we have added this as a user preference with further option to give their consent communication via email, WhatsApp or SMS for the Promotional & Transactional messages.
Service Charge for Payment Method: The business can now configure additional service charge for specific payment methods, this would be typically useful for a payment method like COD (Cash on Delivery). COD is a very popular payment method in certain geographies, however it carries its own set of risks. The business can now configure additional services charge on any payment method, if needed.
Promotions: In this release, lots of new capabilities have been extended in the promotion module to enhance the flexibility for businesses and build more powerful customer engaging offers.
- Adhoc Promotion: A new Adhoc Type of promotion has been created. This gives you liberty to create multiple vouchers against it that can have different values. Such promotions are used primarily to be used for voucher generation and is not visible on the website for direct consumption. Very useful for the Customer service team.
- Payment Gateways Offers: Certain payment gateways provide additional offers to the customer which are only available at the payment step in the checkout, to support this capability the platform’s promotion engine is now extended to generate a voucher on the fly to send the request to the payment gateways for capturing the payment of that order.
- Show Promotions on PDPs: Now the Product details endpoint can be used to get list of applicable promo details. This endpoint takes stockcode as input and returns all applicable promos on the product details pages. This adds to the conversion rate for the product and also provides additional incentive to the customers to buy the product.
- Promotion Listing Page: The promotion listing page can have a long list of promotion and can be viewed by applying filters, search or simply traversing through different pages.
- Category Landing Page: Category landing page extended with 5 custom info fields which can be utilized to maintain different information at category level and the front end can use these fields as per business needs.
- Max Purchase Qty: You can set the maximum selling unit of a product and that information can be utilized on the front to limit the max qty users can buy in one order. This provides additional fraud check prevention.
- Handling for long list of related products: Added load more button wherever the list is going beyond 10 for any product, this way it reduces the load time of the product detail page.
- GA4-GTM: Google Tag Manager allows you to set up and manage GA4 events all in one place. The events are captured on the website based on customers activity and sent to GTM. need two tags that work together: Events like page view, add/remove car/promo, selected payment method, address, related product views etc
- MoEngage: With MoEngage you can Create 360° customer profiles for personalized one-on-one marketing along with Smart Segmentation to help your business grow.
Notable bug Fixes
- Microsites feed issue with currency is resolved.
- User unable to delete images from the product.