Lookbooks are collections of products with compelling images complied to promote a particular clothing or product line. Recently look books have evolved a bit to become a popular form of social media content and a popular way for merchants to engage shoppers. You can set up few related products to complete a look, for example, a pair of jeans, a tee, a pair of matching sneakers, a cap, and a sling.
Lookbooks make a visual appeal to a shopper’s senses and imagination. A well-photographed and well-marketed look book can inspire shoppers to buy thus making it a very liked feature for the merchandisers.
How to create a Lookbook?
- Go to Collection > Lookbook
- Click New Lookbook
- Add basic information as below:
- Name – This is the name of the Lookbook.
- Slug – This is auto generated slug for Lookbook
- Description – Lookbook description that will be displayed on the website.
- Collection – A Lookbook collection can be created from this field or a new Lookbook can be added to an existing Lookbook collection.
- Category – Lookbooks can be added to an existing category of Lookbooks. Categories can be defined and those categories will be added to the platform.
- Adding Stock codes to the Lookbook
Lookbook needs to have at least one stock code associated with it. On the Lookbook creation screen, you can add one or multiple stock codes in the Lookbook. These stock codes are those products that will be available to the user to purchase on the front-end website.
Lookbook Style– Lookbook will have the main image, which is used for display purpose on the website plus it can also have up to 4 secondary images. All these images are used for display purposes on the website as per your requirements.
Once all the required information is populated main Lookbook image can be tagged with the products.
Image Tagging in Lookbooks– As we have seen above, we can add stock codes into the Lookbooks, we can also merchandise the products directly from the main image. Once the main image is uploaded – that image can be tagged with different products.
As you can see in the image above, you can drag and create a tag on the image itself. This gives you the flexibility to merchandise products directly from the images, which is a very unique feature this platform provides.