Stocktaking is the process of physically checking stock levels for each of the products and materials you sell to make sure that your data is up to date and accurate.
Steps to follow:
- Click on the Stock take option from the main menu
- Click on the button that Says Start Stock Take. As soon as Stock take session is started, a Stock take session # is created. This can be seen in the OMS web app under Inventory>Stock Take
- This opens the scanner where it takes the location code as input. User can or type in the location name
- When the location is scanned it fetches a list of items from that location with their current quantity
- The stock taker will match the qty of the items from the app and actual location. If the qty matches, user simply marks it okay. If there is difference in the qty user can update that qty right here on this screen.
- There can be a situation where the app/API didn’t return a product, but that product is kept in the physical location. Under such a situation, a stock taker can simply scan that new product’s barcode and add the qty and save.
- Once all the items are updated with the correct qty user can click on Complete Stock taking or Save and Scan Next location.
- Save and Scan Next location completes the session and opens the scanner for the new location to be scanned.
- Complete stock Take session simply completes the session and takes the user back to the home page of the app.
- Once the stock take session is completed the entry can be found in the OMS web app with Stock take # and status Submitted for review.
- The inventory/warehouse manager can review it and accept it. Post acceptance the inventory in the system gets updated.