Welcome to the JAN 2021 release of Better Commerce. There are several updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- Auto Approve stock take and allocate location: When stock take or allocate location session is carried out from the mobile app the dependency on approval process from the backend has been removed making the process much quicker.
- "OR" Condition added to empower product merchandising: Merchandising the products has been made more interesting and powerful with ability to include/exclude products based on "OR" conditions between attributes.
- Add a new brand: Brands in the system were always imported along with the product data. This was a restriction that has now been removed by providing the ability to add a new brand from the user interface.
- Notification system: Notifications on multiple occasions can be triggered to the business and the end-users.
Changes & Improvement: E-Commerce
- System Alerts & Notifications: It is important that business gets notified about few important activities within the system. Hence, to make this simpler and user-friendly an interface has been provided from where alerts can be configured. You can choose from multiple events and configure the rules based on your business requirements.
- Optimized Indexing: Indexing is a very crucial process. Product data are fetched from the index rather than the database directly to give you high performance and reduce the load. Any change in the product is pushed to the index which has been optimized to take 50 % lesser time than before.
- Tax Class & VAT number validation: Based on tax classes and a valid TAX reg number, it is decided if a company is tax exempted or NOT. This configuration makes it easier for the business to keep a check. You do not need to track each and every invoice as the system does it automatically.
- OR Condition to empower product collection feature: While creating a product collection having the provision to apply OR condition has empowered the merchandiser even more. The collection can now fetch the record based on AND & OR conditions both of which help to drill down the search and fetching more appropriate results.
- Provision is given to select default billing & shipping address: Until this release, a default billing address was saved. The same used to appear for the shipping as well however, users can now select their default Billing as well as the shipping address.
- Provision is given to Add a new brand: Brands used to be imported along with product data which can now be added from the UI without having the need of importing the products.