Modified on: Tue, 30 Nov, 2021 at 6:11 AM
Welcome to the MAY 2021 release of Better Commerce. There are several updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- Forward Order: This release introduces the working model of forward orders. You can create orders for your customers for items you don’t yet have in stock in forward orders. You want to know the total of items ordered (but not yet shipped) so that you can be sure that you have ordered enough from your suppliers by creating POs(Purchase Orders).
- Microsites: This release brings to you a new interface where microsites are listed. You can click on the specific microsite and go to view and update the detail of it.
- Related Products: Gift with products & basket group products are now displayed on the website as related product types.
- Site Access: A new configuration has been added to allow access to the site to all or only registered users.
- Multi category Support: A product can be assigned to multiple categories for better catalog management and search.
- Credit Notes: A Separate listing page has been provided along with other functional changes like updating the status of a credit note.
- Custom Attributes
The custom attribute sets screen has been revamped to provide a much user-friendly display.
- Multi category Support: A product can be assigned to one or more categories now. This enhancement can be utilized in multiple ways by the business to improve catalog and search management.
- Related Products: Front-end implementation has been done to display the GWPs( Gift-with-purchase) and basket groups. This release also has few UI-related changes and an important change wherein products can be added by searching stock codes.
- Forward Order: Forward order is a technique that initiates the manufacture or purchase of an item you don't have in stock. It can be used when there is no current stock to meet the demand.
You get a new interface where microsites are listed. By clicking on a specific microsite you can go to view and update the details of it. From the detail page you can now:
- Manage Megamenu at microsite level
- Set the microsite for maintenance
- Import country-specific pricelist
- Alert Messages display
When sales orders are created add/update operation of products sometimes fail due to multiple logical reasons. To understand why the operation failed, proper alerts messages have been incorporated that tell you the exact reason for the failure.
- Site Access Configuration: With this new configuration in the platform you can restrict the visitors to your site. Totally depending upon the business need, you can configure anonymous users to browse and shop on your site or you can restrict to only registered users.
- Credit Notes: Credit notes have their own listing page now. Credit notes have been separated from the invoice to give a clearer look.
- Picklist UI optimization: The picklist detail page has been changed to display the add-on products i.e personalization so that the picker and the packer can be sure they are picking/packing the right items.
- Log Exception: If the shipping label service provider logs any exceptions, that get displayed in the order log. This will help business users to resolve the label generation-related issues by themselves.
- Filter by Service: In the OMS order listing carrier service list is now displayed along with the count of orders.
- Out of stock items in Picklist: This release contains a major change in the picklist area. The platform now clearly identifies the out-of-stock items for easy picking.
Notable Bug fixes
- Video link: You can now have both the complete URL and the code to upload YouTube videos in your product-rich content.
- Bundle products: Based on the bundle configuration you can now choose to show the bundle product in the basket along with its components and also remove the whole bundle from the basket.
- RMA-related bugs: The return process now allows the creation of multiple RMAs against one order. The process has been further improved to accommodate more than one item if there is an open RMA for the same customer.
- Fix Brand collection issue: If you create or edit a brand collection the slug for that collection will get automatically generated.
- Image display fix: The provision to display the alternate images in case an image doesn't exist for the product has been added.
- Filter options display on the website: The product list and the search page will now only fetch the attributes for the published products.
- Exchange Rate: The pricelist now fetches the updated exchange rate after updating the exchange rate API Key.
- Content snippet: The content snippet's dependency on cache has been handled so that it renders without having to clean the cache now.
- Pagination fix: The bulk import listing page has a paginated view now for you to easily traverse to different pages in case the list gets longer.
- 'One time Only' flag in the promotion: Your customers can now apply a promotion that has been set as 'one time only' until they have placed an order. Earlier, the promotion was getting inapplicable if the customers had applied on their basket and later deleted the basket without placing the order.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.