Welcome to the MARCH 2022 release of Better Commerce. There are several updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- Optimized product upload process: The bulk upload feature has overall been optimized to allow the upload with minimal available information. The fields where values have not been provided at the time of upload are handled smartly by the system so that they can be later updated if required. The detailed fields definition can be found here.
- UI Optimization: There have been multiple UI enhancements done in this release that includes the screens from Product, OMS and Commerce hub.
- Updated Store Manager's role: The store manager's role has further been enhanced to allow only the relevant view applicable for this role.
- Bundle product import: The component quantity can now be taken at the time of import that makes it easier to set up a bundle in a single import where you decide the parent SKU along with components SKUs with their quantity.
- Bug Fixes: In addition to the new features, optimizations & enhancements, there have been few bug fixes reported internally by the quality team or from the customers using the platform. We highly prioritize the bugs based on the criticality and the impact, and fix them so that business stays unimpacted. The list of all the bug fixes have been listed below in this article.
- Log view for 'Incomplete orders' : The incomplete order in the commerce hub now displays all the actions and activities related to the order at until this stage making the log very informative.
- Attribute set in the Import file: The bulk upload file of product now includes attribute set at category level so that attribute upload later becomes seamless. This will help to have different attribute sets for different products based on their categories.
- Button Position of the OMS Tracking: The UI has been improved to display the right placement of the OMS tracking button in the commerce hub.
- Product type display in the product detail view: The item type dropdown has been sorted alphabetically to give user a cleaner view and easy to pick.
- Bundle product import: The component quantity can now be taken at the time of import that makes it easier to set up a bundle in a single import where you decide the parent SKU along with components SKUs & their quantity.
- API Performance optimization: As a regular exercise, refactoring and code clean-up have been done in this release making the response cleaner, faster and better. In this release the following have been accomplished. Reduced the model size of Get Wishlist call, cleanup of newsletter and custom model address & In case of renewal, consider the IN-transition vouchers as well for redemption.
- Js Reports: This release adds a new mechanism to generate pdf reports. We have made the report generation totally configurable. Reports can now be generated using either of the two Dev Express or Js Report. This implementation doesn't make any difference from the end user perspective however this is an advancement that makes the system more robust.
- Optimized product upload process: The bulk upload feature has overall been optimized to allow the upload with minimal information present. The fields where values have not been provided at the time of upload are handled smartly by the system so that they can be later updated if required. The detailed fields definition can be found here.
- More validation added for inventory adjustment: When an order is in awaiting shipment status that means inventory is allocated for this order. At this stage, system will no longer allow adjustment of the inventory. Allowing so can possibly cause the ATS -Available to Sell qty to go negative.
- Additional fields added in the product import: At the time of product upload users can now add delivery center, stock on hand and bin info that makes the process even richer. With maximum available fields the product upload and management becomes super easy.
- Additional info display in the Product detail page: The product detail page in the OMS now displays and allows updating the brand and the category of the product.
- Updated Store Manager's role: The store manager's role has been further enhanced to be able to allow only the relevant view applicable for this role.
Notable Bug fixes
- Resolved location barcode issue: The barcode report was not getting generated properly for the delivery center's locations. This release has the fix for it.
- Fix stock adjust issue: The stock adjustment now has extra validation to prevent user from adjusting allocated units.
- Transfer screen pop-up: The popup that appears while creating a transfer has been optimized to display the allowed qty that can be transferred.
- Stock take list screen: The listing screen of the stock take has been optimized to load the result based on all the available filters.
- Stock position view on inventory list page: The product listing page didn't show the bin info on click of the eye icon due to a backend dependency. This has been resolved.
- Duplicate delivery plan: This release has a fix that caused duplicity of delivery plans and picklist in the OMS. With this release its ensured that picklist will not be duplicated causing any kind of confusion at the time of order fulfilment.
- Advance pricing issue on duty Charge: If the advanced pricing option has been enabled ,the duty charge calculation in the advanced pricing section has been fixed.
- Loader on save button: While the product form is getting saved, the action buttons have been disabled so that duplicate request is not sent at the time of processing the previous request.